Now that we’ve turned the corner into a new year, it’s time to think about new ways to freshen up your home décor. While custom picture framing will always be one of the best ways to update your home décor, there are some things to keep in mind for 2018.
Here is a list of trends that we’re seeing take off:
- Bold floral prints – art, furniture, rugs, bedding or just about anything else can beautifully display a bold floral pattern. Having florals mixed with organic textures and neutral palettes really pop those prints for best effect.
- Brass – if you watch any of the TV design shows, you’re seeing a return to brass fixtures and accents. Whether it’s on your cabinet door or overhead as a light fixture, brass is coming back strong. However this doesn’t mean that other finishes are on their way out. Brass is just the hot trend for 2018.
- Wabi-Sabi – the view of finding beauty in things that are “imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete”. Rougher textured items or things that are handmade represent this trend perfectly.
- Black and white – keep it simple. Bedding, throw pillows and linens in black and white are flowing into homes across the country in 2018. With the added benefits of going with just about everything, you can really use this trend to accessorize in simple fashion.
- Natural Accents – natural accents have been growing in popularity over the last few years and we’ll expect to see this trend grow even stronger in 2018. Wood and stone are leading the way when it comes to mixing natural accents in. Think in terms of nicely grained wood trays or frames as a way to warm up and refresh your style.
Remember that a fresh coat of paint is always a great way to get a dramatic new look as well. With a fresh coat of paint and the incorporation of some of these fun trends, you’ll get that fresh start you’ve been searching for.